Holy Week at Ravensworth:
Lent is the time of the church year for self-reflection and attention to our inward journeys. During Holy Week we will continue the work of reclaiming our souls. RBC will offer sacred space to encounter God through Holy Week and Easter worship services:
Sunday, March 25, Palm Sunday
- 10:00 a.m. - Concert with Tia Wortham: You are invited to attend a special Lenten musical program featuring soprano Tia Wortham on Sunday, March 25. Tia is a RBC friend, having been a soloist in a worship service last spring. We extend a warm Ravensworth welcome to her as she returns to share a program of vocal music. The concert begins at 10:00 AM and will conclude by 10:35.
- 11:00 a.m.- Worship: We'll travel the week in the Gospel of Mark alongside Jesus as he journeys to Jerusalem with Hosannas around him all the way to his death on Good Friday.
- 4:00 p.m. - Gospel of Mark with Jesse Baskin: We've been focused on the Gospel of Mark during the season of Lent. We've read it, prayed it, preached it and even sung it. Now, join us as our own Jesse Baskin presents the Gospel of Mark so we can hear it. What a unique way to enter Holy Week together on Palm Sunday.
Thursday, March 29, Maundy Thursday:
- 10:30 a.m. - Maundy Thursday Service: This service will be for those who prefer to drive in the morning light; we will observe the Lord's Supper and reflect on Jesus' final meal with his disciples. The service will be in the intimate space of our Fellowship Room, by the fireside.
- 7:00 p.m. - Maundy Thursday Service: The evening service will be in our sanctuary, and will commemorate the Lord's Supper and his commandment to his disciples: "Love one another."
Friday, March 30:
- 7:00 p.m.-Tenebrae Service: "Tenebrae" is Latin, and translates as "shadows" or "darkness." This somber service recounts the events of the Passion, as well as the seven final sayings of Jesus during the crucifixion. As scriptures are read, seven lit candles are extinguished one by one, until all is in darkness and participants depart in silence to prepare for their personal Easter vigil.
Sunday, April 1:
- 11:00 a.m.-Easter Sunday Worship- join the joyful celebration and proclamation of the Good News: "Christ is risen! He is risen indeed!"
RSVPs needed for child care for evening services by wednesday, March 28: e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org